Traditional Sales Guide
So, you’re ready to take the leap—it’s time to sell your home. Amber Uhren and her team know that even the idea can be daunting, but they believe the whole process should be smooth, informative, and most of all—fun. They’re here as your trusted consultants through every hoop you encounter, but it helps to know the basic steps before you jump.
Why do you want to sell?
First, you need to evaluate the reasons for selling your home. Are you looking to upsize, downsize, or simply see some returns on your investment? You definitely want to be clear with what you want, as well as the financial and emotional realities of putting your property on the market.
When do you want to sell?
Timing can be everything when it comes to getting your home on and off the market. Amber Uhren can provide a full analysis for greater insight into market conditions and possibilities. Plus, the Instant Cash for Your Home and Choose Your Sale Deadline programs can alleviate stress if you’re in a crunch.
Of course, figuring out your financial situation is key in the decision to sell. Getting the most out of your money is the goal, and Amber Uhren has the professional expertise to assess the financial impact of your decision on both the short-term and long-term future.
Amber Uhren can help you accurately determine the value of your home, to avoid overestimating and winding up in trouble. It’s important to keep up momentum, from the second your listing hits the market—to stay competitive and get your money’s worth.
Now it’s time for the fun part—showing off your gorgeous home! Here are some helpful tips for making your property look its absolute best:
- First Impressions. “Curb appeal” is exactly what it sounds like—how fantastic your house looks from the street. Is the yard perfectly groomed? Is the exterior clean? Make sure you remove any trash or junk lying around—the first impression that potential buyers will have is from the outside.
- Clean and Pristine. Break out the vacuum—it’s time to clean your house from top to bottom, with an eye for every detail. People are going to be peeping in every nook and cranny—trying to imagine themselves living there—so it’s important to get rid of any clutter, trash, or unwanted items—to make everything look as spacious and comfortable as possible. Make sure to illuminate every inch of the space, take care to eliminate any odors, and maybe buy a vase of flowers or a new welcome mat—every detail counts.
- Get out! We hate to break it to you but, in order to give potential buyers the best experience viewing your home, you have to get out. Maybe, take the kids out of town for a couple days or, if you can’t leave town, make sure no one will be home for the day.
Congratulations—someone wants to buy your home! It’s not as simple as accepting an offer. Usually there’s some back-and-forth negotiating regarding terms, conditions, and pricing—in order to meet everyone’s needs. If there are multiple offers, Amber Uhren knows how to navigate varying options, and how to provide guidance when it comes to selling your home at the optimal price.
During the conditional period, several factors come into play before your property is officially sold. These may involve:
- Buyer’s mortgage approval
- Home inspection and repairs
- Home insurance approval
Amber Uhren and her team can lead you through and re-negotiating, during this period. Once everything checks out and a firm offer is set, you’re ready to close!
Before you hand off the keys, there are a few loose ends that need to be wrapped up. A final walk-through is standard—a few days before or even the day of closing—to make sure all the bells and whistles still work and everything is in order. Amber Uhren recommends having everything moved out and ready to go before the final closing day—to avoid any hold-up. Once the title is officially transferred and you’ve signed every dotted line, it’s time to pop the champagne—you sold your home!